If you are a newcomer to the sport of rowing, please see our Learn to Row page.
If you have some experience and would like to know a little more about a particular squad, please click on the ‘Our Squads’ link under the ‘About/Join’ menu. Please contact the relevant vice-captain (men/women/junior) via the ‘Our Committee‘ link on the main menu, as they will be able to help determine which crew/squad would be a good place for you to start with. Please see our coxing and coaching pages if you are interested in joining in these capacities.
You can also see details of membership fees and how to pay them.
After you have spoken to a vice-captain and been accepted onto a course or into a squad, please join Cantabs by submitting an Online Application and arranging payment as described below.
Please use this Online Application link to apply for all types of membership.
For Junior Membership, please complete the Online Application, indicating the name of the person who will be making membership payments on the application, and then also print out and complete a Junior Permission Form (below) and hand it to a coach.
For Family Membership, please complete the Online Application for each person (adults and juniors), indicating which person will be making membership payments; for each junior, a Junior Permission Form (below) must be printed out, completed and handed to the coach.
Junior Permission Form
For Junior Membership Applications and Juniors who are part of Family Memberships. Please complete the Online Membership Application, including a note of the name of the person who will be paying the membership fees. Then download, print and complete this form and hand in to your coach.
The Club now administers membership payments via British Rowing’s portal: ClubHub.
Here, you can purchase a Club Membership via subscription or one off payment.
- Log in or create a British Rowing ClubHub account: if you receive club-wide emails, you already have a ClubHub account, so click on the “What’s my Login?” link and follow instructions there to log in.
- In the “My Clubs” section, add Cantabrigian Rowing Club as one of your Clubs
- In the Membership Tab, click “Add Membership” in the Club Membership Section
- Select the relevant Membership to purchase
- Adult/Student/Junior memberships are all in the form of a Monthly Subscription and will auto-renew each month
- Other Membership such as Student-Vacation and Coxing are Yearly Memberships which can either be purchased as one-offs or as a subscription
- All members in the Family membership must be signed up to ClubHub separately and then be added to one British Rowing Family.
- Fill in the contact/medical details and proceed to cart
- Confirm payment by either setting up a Direct Debit or Payment by Card. It is the Club’s slight preference that you set up a Direct Debit.
- You should receive confirmation emails from British Rowing and Cantabs with links to the members handbook and, in case you have not already done so, instructions to set up an account on the website so you can access the members only sections.
If you cannot set up this direct debit yourself, please contact the Membership Secretary.
After your application has been processed, the Membership Secretary will approve your login to the website, after which you should receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive login details within two weeks of submitting your application and payment, please check your Spam folder in case the e-mail has been diverted there. If you still cannot find it, please contact the Membership Secretary via the Our Committee page. Thank you!
The location of the Cantabs and CRA boathouses are shown here.