Help with accessing member-only content on this website
If you are not a Cantabs member, you will not be able to access member-only parts of the website. See http://www.cantabsrowing.org.uk/how-to-join-us/ for application forms and details of how to pay membership fees.
If you are a member of Cantabs but having trouble logging in to the website, the following information may help:
- When you joined the club (or when this website was set up, if you have been a member since 2010) you should have received an e-mail from WordPress, telling you your username and password. Sometimes this e-mail will have been diverted to a Spam or Junk folder, so please check there for it. You can also ‘white-list’ email from the club – see here for guidance.
- Special note for users with a ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘ address. Cantab.net has strong anti-spam restrictions in place and often blocks email from automated systems such as the one we use. To mitigate this, you can whitelist the rowing club’s domain name. Go to your cantab.net account at https://www.cantab.net/account.php. Log-in, then find the button labelled ‘Spam Settings’ and click it. Now find the box labelled ‘Whitelisted Addresses’ and enter the following: *@cantabsrowing.org.uk (exactly as shown here). Now click ‘Save’. You’re done. Club mail should now reach you.
- If you cannot find the e-mail, or the username and password specified in it no longer work, please try using the Password Reset tool to have a new password sent to you. Enter your username (for most people, their username has the format Firstname Lastname e.g. Joe Bloggs, or Freda Smith) and e-mail address and click the “Reset Password” button. Within a few minutes, you should receive an e-mail with a new password. If you don’t see the e-mail, please check for it in your Spam or Junk folder.
- When using the Password Reset tool, you may see the message “Either the username or email address do not exist in our records.” This covers three possibilities:
- The username does not match your record – if there is variant on your name that you might have used when applying for membership (e.g., Andy instead of Andrew, Jenny instead of Jennifer, etc), please try again using the variant.
- The e-mail address does not match your record – if it is possible that you used a different e-mail address when you applied for club membership, please try using that e-mail address (assuming you still have access to it: the Password Reset address e-mail will be sent to the address held on your record).
- You are not listed in the club database as a current member of the club
- If you no longer have access to the e-mail account with which you were registered, or have any other problem using the Password Reset tool, please contact the Club Secretary, telling them what Username and E-mail address you have tried to use, and they should be able to help you.